Thursday, July 7, 2011

This week around the garden.......

This has been such a strange gardening season.  We are finally getting summer (meaning hot sun!) which is really helping the garden out.  Things are finally starting to grow and finally producing fruit and veggies.

Here are a few of the tons of pears we are getting.  There are a couple of trees and they are loaded!  We have to walk under one of the trees to get to the goat pen and every time I walk under it I conk my head with a couple of low hanging pears.  It makes me happy!  :)

(click on picture to make larger)

Our Roo (the white bird) and some of his women.  I may be partial, but I think he is shaping up to be a mighty fine looking bird!  He is sweet too!  You can cradle him like a baby and rub his belly and he doesn't seem to care!

(click on picture to make larger)

Oh, lovely little red buds!  I can not wait for you to turn into pomegranates!  We have never grown them before, so this is a new, exciting adventure.  We pruned the tree before we moved in here and are hoping we did it justice!

(click on picture to make larger)

Zucchini and squash!  We harvested some Goldbar Squash last week to eat with dinner.
It was FANTASTIC!  Looking forward to a lot more!  And by the looks of our bushes, we
will be eating it for awhile!

(click on picture to make larger)

(click on picture to make larger)

Bluebelle and Clover are settling in very nicely!  They love being next to the fig trees!
Bluebelle (the white one) has a mad crush on Chris.  Which is really funny because this 
happens often with Chris.  We have had several female animals that crush on him.  I keep telling him
he has "animal magnetism".  Yes, I crack myself up sometimes!

(click on picture to make larger)

Some hidden yard gems.........

(click on picture to make larger)

(click on picture to make larger)

(click on picture to make larger)

And Maggie standing next to the "quail bush".  We call it the quail bush because
there are a bunch of newborn Quail in it.  The mama and papa have been feasting
on my strawberries, and I have let them.  Now we get to enjoy watching their sweet little babies 
walking around.  They are so itty-bitty!

(click on picture to make larger)

We have already harvested potatoes, onions, squash, lettuce, kale, peas and lots of different herbs.  I am eagerly waiting for our tomatoes and cucumbers.  The cukes have lots of flowers (that I see our honeybees on all the time!) and the tomatoes either have lots of flowers or fruit that is finally turning red.  Our garden has been such a rewarding experience.  I am so thankful for the ability to do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails