Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine Door Hanger



I know yesterday I mentioned that I would post the dog food recipe today, but we made this adorable Valentine Door Hanger Craft yesterday and I just had to post about it. It's absolutely adorable! We had a lot of fun making it.

It is suppose to be hung on the doorknob, but we can't do that because of our 3 very curious kitty cats. I think it looks cute on the door, and it still jingles when the door opens. That's what counts!



Here is what you will need:

1-2 sheets of red construction paper or craft foam
1 piece of white construction paper or craft foam
1 piece of pink construction paper or craft foam
White ribbon or string
3 jingle bells
Glue
Hole Punch

How to make your door hanger:

-Cut out 4 red hearts
-Cut out the letters "L" and "V" from white paper/foam
-Cut out the letters "O" and "E" from pink paper/foam
-Glue each letter on to a heart
-Punch 1 hole at the top and bottom of each heart
-Cut small pieces of ribbon (3-4 inches) and use the ribbon to tie the bottom of one heart to the top of the next in order so you spell out the word "LOVE". At the top of the "L" heart use a longer piece of ribbon to use as a hanger. At the bottom of the "E" heart thread 3 jingle bells onto the ribbon and then tie it onto the heart.
-Hang up your door hanger!

We are thinking of making another one of these for Maggie's Grammie. I think we may jazz it up a bit by putting gold glitter around each letter for some extra sparkle!



I think it's pretty cute. Maggie is excited for her daddy to come thru the door so the bells will jingle.





9 comments:

  1. How cute. I could make this. I just need some string..
    I hope you link this up to my blog next friday 2.12 for my Round Robin..

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by! I am *terrible* about remembering things, but will certainly try to link up to your blot. My memory just ain't what it used to be! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for linking this up. I made one two. I am posting about it tomorrow. THanks for stopping by the Round Robin..

    Happy Valentine's Day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!
    Found you through Friday Follow! Great blog, I'm now a Google Friend Connect Follower! :)

    Visiting from My Kids Are Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, after the holiday is over, you could let the kitties "have their way" with the hanger- I mean, it has bells on in and everything! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute door hanger. Came over from Friday Follows. Just a little late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. She looks so proud. Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. I am catching up to the links. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails