Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vanilla Cupcakes

I love getting things in the mail.  Don't you?  Especially when it's a big package full of fun things like cookbooks and other baking items.  This past week my mom sent me 2 nice cookbooks, some coconut flour, coconut crystals (a good sugar replacement) and some other goodies.  Well, I didn't want to waste any time in using my new box of goodies!

One of the cookbooks she sent me was "Cooking with Coconut Flour" by Bruce Fife, N.D.  I absolutely love anything written by Bruce Fife, I have maybe 2 or 3 other books he has written about Coconut.  If you haven't read anything by him, do a quick search on the internet.  He is easy to read and knows his stuff about coconut!



So, to get back on the subject......I flipped through the book and found some yummy and unbelievably simple Vanilla Cupcakes.  Out came my favorite power-tool of the kitchen, my Kitchen Aide and my favorite helper,  Maggie and I started to whip up a batch of cupcakes.  The thing that I really liked about this recipe, besides the fact that it was super easy is that it makes 6 cupcakes!  I love cake, but I don't eat a lot.  Chris and Maggie don't like cake much, but can appreciate it in small doses, so this was perfect!

Yes, I know I said the recipe makes 6 and there are only 4 in the picture.  The two missing were the casualties of Chris and I, we couldn't wait to taste test!  I will definitely be making these again.  No doubt!  In fact, I may me making the chocolate version tomorrow.  I have already gotten the request!  So, if you want to make these yummy treats for your family, follow the recipe below!




3 Tablespoons butter, melted 
3 eggs 
1/3 cup sugar 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon vanilla 
1/4 cup sifted coconut flour 
1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
Blend together butter, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.  Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.  Pour batter into greased muffin cups.  Bake at 400 degrees F (205 C) for 15 minutes.  Top with frosting of your choice.  Makes 6 cupcakes.  Spiders optional.  :) 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbi,
    I have to get this book! The cup cakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails