Monday, June 7, 2010

Magic Muck

I've been trying to think of ways to entertain Maggie when we are indoors.  Since the weather has finally decided to get super warm she has been wanting to be outside.  Constantly.  Which is OK, but I can only stand being in the hot sun for so long.  So getting her to come in isn't always an easy task.  So I made a few fun things for us and I am breaking them out individually so she has something new and exciting to play with.

Yesterday she had her friend Heather over for a play date.  Once outside play, dress up, coloring, etc got boring I whipped up a quick batch of Chocolate Play dough and that sparked some creativity.  Rolling pins, cooking cutters and lots of pretend baking was going on!


For today I made Maggie some Magic Muck.  Some people call it Oobleck.  Maggie has some sensory issues so she isn't ready to dig in there and really enjoy it, but she had fun with her spoon, measuring cup and other items.  She did get her fingers in for a bit, little steps.  ;)





If you would like to make Magic Muck, here is how!

3/4 c cornstarch
1/3 c water
5-7 drops food coloring (I used tempura paint)

Mix water and food coloring together in small bowl.
Slowly add cornstarch to water and color mixture.  Do not stir!
Let mixture stand for 2-3 minutes.
Pick up a handful of Magi Muck and squeeze it until it forms a hard ball.  Open your hand and the Magic Muck will turn from a solid ball back into a liquid.

I have also added glitter to this when I have made it before.  Just makes it a little more special.
Tomorrow I will post my recipe for Gooey Gunk.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails