Monday, December 21, 2009

Chocolate Playdough



Cold, rainy days call for something special so we whipped up a batch of chocolate playdough. Be warned though, once you make it your hands will smell like yummy chocolate all day. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. Seeing it in that bowl makes me think of chocolate pudding......another yummy thing!


So, you think you want to make some? It's probably one of the easiest playdoughs I have ever made.





Here's how:

1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 c salt
2 tsp cream of tartar



Combine and mix ingredients thoroughly. Once mixed, add in 1 1/2 T cooking oil and 1 c boiling water. Mix and knead until you have a nice soft ball of dough.

Store in either a plastic baggie or airtight container. I always keep mine in the refrigerator,I don't know if it really prolongs the lifespan or not, but I do know that I have playdough that is about 1.5 years old now and it's as good now as it was the day it was made.

Who could resist a chocolate heart made by their favorite kid?


2 comments:

  1. that is fun. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Amy! I think you will love it! Let me know if you make it!

    ReplyDelete

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails