Saturday, September 12, 2009

Firewood Season

Well, it's that time of year again! We had our first cord of wood delivered yesterday. Funny because it has been so hot and still summer here. Firewood gets delivered last night and we had a wonderful lightning display at 3:30 this morning. Chris went out early in the morning and got sprinkled on. Every day it gets closer to Fall.....I can not wait! Fall is actually my favorite time of year!

Of course the wood got dumped in our sideyard and we had to haul it to the backyard. It didn't take as long as I thought it would and I am not as sore as I thought I would be! ROFL!! Thats encouraging for when the 2nd cord gets delivered next Friday!

Maggie was excited when the "wood man" drove up with his truck full. She had fun watching the bed of the truck lift and dump it all out. And she had even more fun getting right in the middle of her dad and I while we were trying to get it all in the back and stacked! She was so cute to help put it in the wheel barrow. And she would carry big pieces of bark back to her dad. :) It's nice to have a little princess who isn't afraid of getting dirty!

Here are a few pictures of our day:

BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket

I wish I would have gotten more pictures of Maggie helping, but I forgot my camera in the house :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails