Thursday, December 30, 2010

Making Ginger Beer!

Day 1



So, we are trying our hand at making ginger beer!  Not sure how it will turn out.  Not really entirely sure what it will taste like.  I assumed it was like ginger ale, but from my reading they are two different things.  I will be updating as we go through the steps, and if it turns out decent, I will post a "how to" so you can make it too!

For today I am making the culture.  I took a very clean jar, added 1 Tablespoon of powdered ginger (you can also use fresh, diced ginger) and 1 Tablespoon of sugar and added it to 1 cup of water, mix well with a very clean spoon.  Make sure you use rainwater, filtered water or tap water.  If you use tap water, let stand for 24 hours prior to using.  I am using water from our natural spring.   

I will let this set uncovered during the day, but cover it at night with a cloth.  

I will be back on Day 3 to update on the progress!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails