Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Whole Lemon Cake

I wanted to  make a treat yesterday, but didn't know what I wanted.  So, my first stop was to Rhonda's blog, down---to---earth.  She never disappoints!  Time and time again I can look through her posts and I find something.  And yesterday I found the jackpot of all simple treats!  She had a recipe for Whole Orange Cake.  However, I had no oranges in the house.  But I did have a few lemons and decided to adjust the recipe buy using a lemon.  I think I may have found a new family favorite!



Rhonda made hers in a loaf pan.  I decided to make individual cakes using a new pan I have.  I knew at the time I over-filled, but I wasn't too concerned.  It was hot and I didn't want the oven on any longer than it had to be by baking two sets.  Besides, I really wanted to eat one, I didn't care what it looked like!

INGREDIENTS
1 whole orange
3 eggs
6.3 oz melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1½ cups self raising flour OR 1½ plain (all purpose) flour with 1½ teaspoons baking powder sifted in

METHOD
Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
Grease your cake tin
Wash the orange/lemon thoroughly - this is particularly important if the orange/lemon is not organic or from your backyard

Put the whole washed orange/lemon into the food processor and process it until it's completely broken down and no large pieces remain. Add the rest of the ingredients and process again until everything is mixed together, about 30 seconds.

Scrape the batter into the cake tin and cook for around 40 minutes.



The "bestest" part about this cake is no peeling, no zesting (although I have a "thing" about zesting), no juicing.....just throw the whole fruit in the processor and you are done!  It's also an easy clean up! 

It was a yummy dessert after our chicken I cooked in the crock pot yesterday.  Chicken made with white wine, lemon, garlic and oregano.

Maggie and I are each having one for breakfast this morning.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails