Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chickpea Frittata

Yes folks, another recipe!  I have been doing a bit more baking/cooking again.  I get in those moods where I want to do all the cooking.  I don’t get to do much cooking because Chris enjoys it so much.  He doesn’t like baking, so I score there every time!  It is nice to make dinner for your family, sit at the table and enjoy. 

Homesteading August 2011 010

I was surfing the internet and happened upon an interesting recipe, which you can find here on My Recession Kitchen.  The picture grabbed me and the simplicity of the recipe nailed it.  I had to try it.  So we asked our friends, James and Laura over for dinner and we sat down at the table outside for a surprise dinner.  I am happy to say that we all loved it.  And it was so filling! 

I added in mushrooms, onion, summer squash, broccoli, carrots and rosemary. 

I assumed it was going to be good, so I made a double recipe and have the second in the freezer for another night.  One thing that I will do different next time is, put the veggies on top of the frittata like the picture on My Recession Kitchen.  It was super yummy how I had it, but the veggies made it a bit softer.  I think if they had not been put in the frittata would have had a baked cornmeal consistency.  But it was still an awesome, healthy dish! 

Laura made some yummy, quick pickled cucumbers (from our garden) and some yummy green beans with lots of garlic and almonds.  What a nice dinner.  So many healthy vegetables!

If you are looking for a little something different, mild tasting and a major comfort food, this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails