Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Night and Morning Rituals

Every night when I tuck Maggie into bed I sing her this song.  I have sung this to her since Day 1.  I don't think we have ever missed a night.  Sometimes I sing it alone, but most of the time we sing it together.  When we are done we do our hug and kiss and our night is done.



I remember both my grandma and my mom singing this song.  It's fun to having something to pass down to Maggie.  She already tells me when she has children she is going to sing it to them.  :)

When she wakes up in the morning I sing "Good Morning to you, Good Morning to you, Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning to you" to the tune of "happy birthday". 
Do you have any night or morning "rituals" you do with your children?  I would love to hear them!


1 comment:

  1. We used to have all kinds of rituals when our kids were little. My mom sang the Bushel and a Peck song to me, but I'm not sure I passed that one on. But we sang to our kids every single night--after reading for about 30 minutes or more. Those were lovely days!

    ReplyDelete

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails