Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Homemade Pearsauce

Last week while we were out and about we stumbled across a wonderful family farm that is a true gem! They not only sell fruits and vegetables but they grow the most beautiful flowers! One of the rare times I didn't have my camera with me. I was bummed, but we are going back tomorrow and you can bet I am getting some pictures! They had a big sunflower field and all sorts of flowers. Can't wait to go back and buy more fresh flowers. I absolutely love having fresh cut flowers in the house. It just adds another "happy" factor to everyday life.

I'm getting sidetracked! I'm suppose to be talking about the pearsauce we made! We bought about 8 big red pears so we could come home and try our hand at making some sauce. Two things, (1) the pictures do not do these pears or the sauce any justice and (2) we will be buying more pears and making more sauce tomorrow!

This was super easy. I just peeled, cored and cut pears into large chunks. I then put them in a big pan of water and let them boil until soft. When soft took them out of the pan and put them into the food processor. Maggie's job was to push the button and "mash" them. I added a bit of cinnamon. We did not need to add any sweetener as the pears were pretty darn sweet already! I have to say that after it had sat in the fridge for a bit, this was one of the best treats I have had in a LONG time!

Here are a few pictures!


Before:

Photobucket

During:
Photobucket


Still Mashing:
Photobucket


After:
Photobucket


We are going to try our hand at making some pear-applesauce next! There is nothing better than fresh, homemade food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails